You can help your breed and other owners by choosing to be a “Health Information Reviewer”. There are approximately 60 documented disorders in the Samoyed breed. We have volunteers, “Health Information Liaisons”, to collect information.
Since most lay people are not readily familiar with the significance of the information they have collected; we need people who do have a science/medical background to look over the information they have collected before it goes live on the website.
The process is simple:
- You would contact the e-mail address below and tell us you are interested in being a Reviewer.
- You would choose a disorder that you would like to review.
- You would be given an outline of a rating system to use for grading references and links.
- You would be sent the disorder information to review.
- The “Health Information Reviewer’s job is to edit the text for scientific accuracy and rate the credibility of the links so the public understands how much significance to give to a resource.
- You would be able to review when it is convenient for you.
If you would like to consider helping your breed by becoming a “Health Information Reviewer”, please contact email@example.com and she will be happy to answer any of your questions.