You can help your breed and other owners by choosing to be a “Health Information Liaison”. There are approximately 60 documented disorders in the Samoyed breed. We are asking for owners to volunteer to gather information on a disorder.
It is not necessary to have either a scientific background or have any working knowledge of websites to be a “Health Information Liaison”.
The process is simple:
- You would contact the e-mail address below and tell us you are interested in being a Liaison.
- You would choose a disorder that is not covered by a Liaison. You would be given an outline of what type of information to collect on the disorder.
- You would add information gathered about the disorder to the provided outline and forward to SCARF.
- Your expanded outline would be given to a reviewer with a science background. The reviewer will edit the text for scientific accuracy and rate the credibility of the links so the public understands how much significance to give to a resource. The text would then be uploaded to the public website.
- You would be able to contact SCARF to request edits on your disorder-to add new information or delete old information.
- Once a year you would be expected to review the information and look for additional current research.
If you would like to consider helping your breed by becoming a “Health Information Liaison”, please contact email@example.com and she will be happy to answer any of your questions.